1. Celebrate AMIC’s Golden Anniversary Celebration with colleagues and friends in communication and media.
2. Leading Asian communication and media scholars, educators, and practitioners comprise plenary and parallel session speakers.
3. Over 500 participants exchange insights, lessons, and experiences in communication and media philosophies, theories, and practices.
4. Participants come from all over Asia – Central Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Western Asia, Pacific countries
5. Conference theme is of priority concern to communicators: Science Communication: Managing the Now and the Future
6. Engagement in at least six plenary sessions:
• AMIC @ 50: What We Have Done, What We Can Still Do
• Asian Youth Voices on Communicating Science
• Communicating the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Vietnam Success Story
• Science Communication in Social Media: Information Order or Disorder?
• Climate Change: From Inconvenient Truth to Incontrovertible Fact.
• Scientists, Journalists, and Communication Specialists: Toward a Sustainable Relationship
7. At least 25 parallel sessions to choose from on the following strands:
• Science Communication Paradigms
• Science and the Mass Media
• Science Communication Education
• Science Communication Strategies & Practices
• Science Communication in the ICT Ecosystem
• Science Communication Issues
• Science Communication Issues in Vietnam
8. Awarding ceremony for 2020 and 2021 AMIC Asia Communication Award, the most prestigious award for communication & media professionals
9. Awarding ceremony for 1st AMIC Young Asian Communication Leadership Award
10. News and information on latest publications, research studies, online learning resources, etc.
11. All accepted abstracts will be included in the AMIC 2021 Book Abstract with ISSN.
12. Papers presented during the conference will be considered for publication in AMIC’s indexed journals, i.e., Asian Journal of Communication (AJC) and Media Asia.
13. Join the virtual launch of latest AMIC publications including AMIC History Book and Communication Theory: The Asian Perspective (2nd edition)
14. Participation in post-conference session on The Future of Journalism Education organized by AMIC and World Journalism Education Council (WJEC) ON 14 December 2021.
For more information, please contact the AMIC Secretariat at email@example.com.